The amount of information we are all receiving and reading is quite overwhelming. The Northam Chamber of Commerce recommends the following sites for information during this incredibly fast changing and stressful time.
Some of the initiatives announced include
- Cash Flow support – credit from the ATO after submission of activity statements
- Jobkeeper – businesses significantly impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak will be able to access a subsidy from the Government to continue paying their employees.
- Apprentice and Traineeship support
Plus asset write off and other initiatives.
Click HERE for more details
Online Business Resources
Both the Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) and CCIWA have developed excellent COVID-19 online resources, specifically for businesses. Both of the sites are free, and anyone can access them. They are regularly updated.
The Federal Government also has business specific information. Find financial assistance, eligibility and timing for the new government support for Australian businesses HERE
Click HERE for the Department of Premier and Cabinet on state policy and developments
Public Authority Advice
The Shire of Northam has some great local information including further details on :
- Local support Hotline available 8.00am – 5.00pm (Monday-Friday) on 6608 0613
- Neighborhood Support information including comprehensive table listing
- Medical and Health providers
- Food relief sources
- Mental health relief
- Alcohol and Drug assistance
At the Northam Chamber of Commerce we certainly understand the feelings of anxiety, distress and concern many people may be experiencing in relation to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Following are recommended pages that are offering support and advice specific to the COVID-19 pandemic:
If you are experiencing any significant changes in sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behaviour or self-esteem, we recommend talking to your GP who can make an assessment of the care you require.