If you would normally hand out a gift voucher why not consider switching to a Northam gift voucher in the form of Northam dollars?
- Available to buy at both Bendigo Bank and Commonwealth Bank in Northam
- Denominations of $10 and $20
- Valid for 3 years from date of purchase
- Accepted by more than 40 shops and businesses in Northam
The following fabulous businesses currently accept Northam dollars:
Download the List HERE: NORTHAM-DOLLARS-ACCEPTED-AT.pdf (92 downloads)
If you know of a business that might be willing to accept Northam dollars they can contact the Northam Chamber of Commerce and be reimbursed within 24 hrs – sometimes even sooner 🙂
Northam Dollars Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone can buy Northam Dollars.
They are useful for anyone who would normally offer or buy a gift voucher. The difference is these ensure the dollars are spent in Northam. They can be offered as promotions, gifts, prizes or incentives.
The recipients of these Northam Dollars can then spend them at any of the participating Northam businesses on a straight dollar for dollar basis.
Northam dollars can be bought in $10 AND $20 denominations at the Northam branches of Bendigo Bank and Commonwealth Bank.
There is NO COST for a Northam based business to join the program, they just need to be a member of the Northam Chamber of Commerce.
Window stickers are provided to participating businesses to indicate their involvement in the program and raise awareness.
The Northam Chamber website will carry the names of all participating Northam businesses, so recipients or holders of these dollars can see where they can spend them, or they can look for the sticker on the store window.
1. First you register as a participating business by sending in an email to the NCC at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You will be then sent a window decal to display.
3. After accepting the Northam dollars you complete an online claim form for immediate payment into your business’s nominated bank
4. Redeemed Northam Dollars are also to be returned to the NCC.
Each dollar has a unique serial number and the NCC has taken special precautions to minimise counterfeiting which will be advised to each participating business.
• Northam dollars are valid for 3 years from the point of sale.
• Northam dollars cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Every Northam dollar must be redeemed in full at one store only.
• Change/credit given is at the store’s sole discretion if the full amount is not redeemed.
• We recommend stores/businesses provide a credit arrangement for the unredeemed portion however the denominations have been set as $10 / $20
only to minimise the need for credit.
A Facebook group (Northam BuyLocal) has been created to provide local people information about what is available in local shops.
In these days of Facebook activity declining on business pages it provides an opportunity for businesses to advertise to specifically those who ARE interested in buying local.
We encourage you to advertise and post as many pictures of your business as you wish in this group.
It is very simple and provides an additional platform for local businesses to advertise their special offers or new products and/or services.
Contact Executive officer at email@example.com or 0427 472 729 if you have further questions.